Rate of pay will be based on experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume listing past education and job experience as well as contact information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like more information, please feel free to call 608-516-1832 to inquire.
- Vacation/Sick leave
- Retirement plan with company matching available
- Health/Dental insurance
- Overtime and holiday pay
- Uniforms provided and laundered after successful 30 days
- Company cell phone
- Company vehicle (at owner discretion)
Master Diesel Technician Opening
HM Repairs & Service is a mobile diesel repair service serving Madison and the surrounding area. HM Repairs offers a unique service to it's customers by offering a full-service repair shop at the customer's location. Due to the convenience and quality work offered, HM Repairs has built strong customer relationships. Our success is directly attributable to the quality of the people who work at HM. To support our talent, we offer work-life balance, competitive salaries, use of a company vehicle (at owner discretion), company phone, uniforms & laundry service, vacation, retirement (with matching), health and dental insurance.
If you are looking for a stable environment where you can show the quality of your work and be highly compensated, then HM Repairs is the place for you. It is important to us that you are provided a satisfying career and not just a job. Ideal candidates will have an excellent work ethic, possess the ability to work independently, be detail oriented and focused on customer satisfaction. In return, HM Repairs also has a lot to offer financially including industry-leading wage compensation.
- Arrive at job site (often an enclosed, out-of-the-elements shop) at the given start time and perform the needed repairs/diagnostics in an efficient manner
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action.
- Writes up repair orders to include an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s)/parts used.
- Play a leading role in implementing and promoting work place safety and professionalism
- Travel to customer job site for diagnosis and/or repair of heavy equipment to include, but not limited to, semis, dump trucks, trailers and occasional tractors or fork lifts
- Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy duty vehicles and interprets test results.
- Determines the most efficient repair procedure based on problem.
- Communicates with and provides the business owner/mechanic with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the Repair Order.
- Obtains supervisor permission to complete diagnosed repairs and/or add additional repairs.
- Performs road test on customer vehicles to assist in problem isolation or to verify repair procedure (if valid CDL).
- Tracks and charges clocked hours to the proper corresponding Repair Order. Emails driver's log and repair orders to the office manager each evening
- Interacts with customers in a professional and positive manner.
- Assists other technicians with repair procedures as needed.
- Travels to and picks up parts as assigned
- Organizes and cleans up work space as needed and keeps a neat and orderly service truck
- High school diploma, formal technical training degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent work ethic with attention to detail
- Honesty, ability to take initiative, problem-solve, work independently & efficiently a MUST
- Effective written and oral communication skills (english).
- Ability to read and interpret shop repair order forms, repair manuals, electrical schematics and various other technical bulletins.
- Ability to work in an environment with some exposure to outside weather elements.
- Ability to work 8-12 hour days, including overtime hours as needed. Approximately 1-2 Saturdays per month are required. Less during the slower season.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and sit on a regular basis with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds.
- Must have transportation to and from job sites when needed
- Valid driver's license
- Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) a plus
- Ability to obtain a Fed Med Card & pass drug tests as needed
- Some personal tools required